For seamless data analysis, you can leverage the KoBo API to pull your data into other tools for data analysis. This article covers how to connect to the API to pull your data into Excel Power Query.
- Login to your account.
- Next, go to the API for your account by going to either https://kc.humanitarianresponse.info/api/v1 or https://kc.kobotoolbox.org/api/v1/ . Select the URL for the instance in which your account is located.
- Under the Data heading, click on /api/v1/data
4. Click on "GET" and select "xls".
5. This action will download a text file to your computer called "data".
6. Next, locate your project's data structure inside the data file. It will be in the following format: description,id,id_string,title,url
7. To pull the data, take the form URL (in bold in the above example) and replace “?format=xls” to “.xls”. For our example, the URL should now be:
8. Before transitioning over the Excel, make sure that there is a) at least 1 record stored in your data table in KoboToolbox and b) under the Project's settings, set it to "share data publicly".
9. In Excel, click on Data > From Other Sources > From Web and paste your URL.
**Thanks to Awais Awan for writing the initial draft of this post.